Monday, December 13, 2010

Ghost Baby Whisperer

Baby Monitors are a real blessing for all parents.  They allow us to respond to our baby's every need, reassure us that our babies are still breathing, and alarm us if there is something wrong... like a stranger in their room.

When my daughter was about one, she often used to wake up in the middle of the night and throw her own Mexican Fiesta - or at least it sounded that way!  Like most babies, she also woke up crying and called out for mommy. 

My husband and I thought that we heard it all on the monitor until one eery evening.


As my daughter persistently whined, my husband and I tossed and turned in bed.  We were putting off the inevitable in an effort to encourage our daughter to soother herself back to sleep.  I fell back asleep until my husband woke me up in a startle, "Did you hear that?"

My concerned response, "No... hear what?"

"The voice on the monitor in Ashley's room! A woman said, 'Shhh... it's alright.'" 


At that moment, our daughter mysteriously stopped crying.  My husband ran in to our daughter's room (just across the hall), to find my daughter contently lying in bed alone.

I wish I had heard the uninvited visitor that my husband adamantly claims soothed the baby that night.  I believe him without a doubt.

Who was the mystery baby whisperer? 

Who did she see?


I believe that maybe it was her spirit guide or a deceased relative.  I wonder what we would have seen if we had a video monitor in the nursery... Then again, perhaps it's best that we didn't.

One thing is certain: whatever - or whoever - it was, it didn't frighten my daughter. 

Has anyone else ever experienced such a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment